This is just a really quick blog post about how I created the virtual reality controlled camera… it’s not a full guide, I’ll update it soon!
- A raspberry pi
- A pan tilt hat
- A raspberry pi camera
- A smartphone that has a tilt sensor and can access thternet
- A virtual reality headset (can be a poundland one!)
It works with any phone that has a tilt sensor and can access website. I used it with a pound shop virtual cardboard headset!
How it works:
- The raspberry pi is running it’s own wi-fi access point. It has a web server on it with a page created by Pi Viewer.
- The phone connects to that access point and goes to the webpage.
- A python script gets the data from the webpage and moves the pan tilt servos accordingly.
- The code is on github: https://github.com/Lorrainbow/nora
You need to install the twisted webserver using:
sudo pip install twisted
and the Pimoroni Pan Tilt Hat library:
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/pantilthat | bash
This code was part of a robot car so does include some robot code called agobo and might have some wii remote libraries there too. But it works!